Forums Help & support Wrong password on axcrypt id desktop app

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

NAME

I forgot my password to the desktop app so I reset it on the site via email,

Now i can login to the Axcrypt id site, but still can’t login to my desktop app.

How do I fix this?

thanks.

#8208 Reply

Jack

Clear All Settings via the file menu in AxCrypt and the login again using your new password.

As you’ve forgotten your password all of your encrypted files will be inaccessible unless you can remember your old password.

Any files you encrypt going forward will be encrypted using your new password.

#8209 Reply

Anonymous

Hi,

I didnt forgot the pass for my files, just for the desktop app.

I can’t get to my files.

Here is a screen capture: (deleted at user request, it’s just a sign in with the user email and an old version 2.1.1478)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  Svante. Reason: Deleted image at user request
    #8210 Reply

Anonymous

And i’ll appreciate if you can delete the pic, I made a mistake.

Thanks

#8211 Reply

Anonymous

If I’ll delete axcrypt version 2 and go back to version 1 it will work?

assuming I know my files passwords.

I want to be clear. I enter a new password just for the axcrypt I’d desktop app, after I’m in I need to enter individual passwords for different files.

#8215 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Anonymous,

Your (deleted) image states you’re offline. If you changed the password on the web site to sign in, you’ll have to be only for that change to propagate to your desktop.

#8216 Reply

Anonymous

No success, I gave up and got back to version 1,
    luckily I had a backup for those files.
    all good now.
    thanks again for your fast replies.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Wrong password on axcrypt id desktop app
Your information: