Forums Community Zero Knowledge Clarification

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

T Mo

Hi,

I’m new to the topic of encryption, however, I’ve been researching encryption solutions for the past several days.  I am leaning towards a solution that is branded as zero knowledge.  At this point, I’m trying to navigate the “marketing verbiage” on several websites.  As it relates to AxCrypt, is your solution a 100% zero-knowledge solution?  In reviewing several blogs and your company website information, it makes me wonder if your product is ”almost” a zero-knowledge product.  For instance, your privacy policy mentions the following as it relates to passwords:

Why do we need this information?
    It’s obvious why we need some of the information. We try to keep the amount of information logged and stored to a minimum, and we store no personal or sensitive information except your email address. Any confidential information you store on our servers is encrypted with your password, which we do not store or know, except briefly during the server interaction.

Does this mean that you briefly store and have access to my password during server interactions?  I am leaning towards purchasing your product, however, I would like additional insight regarding this topic.  Also, can you confirm that my password will not ever be stored or shared or viewed on AxCrypt’s servers?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

#17943 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello T Mo,

Apologies for the delayed response.

AxCrypt do not store user password in our server.

AxCrypt is a zero-knowledge solution.

AxCrypt is a file encryption software with no backdoor. If you are login to our website your password is secured in the path. nobody can see or access/visible in your Axcrypt password.

still, if you are facing any issue please contact our support support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Zero Knowledge Clarification
Your information: