Get started on Windows
Installing AxCrypt and Setting Up your AxCrypt ID
In order to use AxCrypt you will need to create an account. Here is a step by step video we created for you to follow along.
- Download AxCrypt and install as instructed by the standard installation wizard.
- Register your email address.
- Complete the process by entering the activation code and choosing a password
- You can now use AxCrypt’s basic features for free! Additional features are available if you subscribe to AxCrypt Premium.
A few key things to note during your installation process:
- In order to use AxCrypt you will need to create an account.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version of AxCrypt, you may need to restart your computer.
- Verify that the download is undamaged and authentic by checking the digital signature. Right-click the downloaded file in Windows Explorer, and select ‘Properties’ and the ‘Digital Signatures’ tab. Then select the digital signature and click ‘Details’. Ensure that the digital signature is shown as ‘OK’ and that the signer is ‘AxCrypt AB’.
How to Use
In this quick tutorial we show you the basics functions of AxCrypt! Watch it to learn how to use the program.
- Start by selecting one or more files or folders that you’d like to operate on.
- Right-click to bring up the AxCrypt menu.
- To open files for viewing or editing, simply double-click them.
By using the Key Sharing feature you can share your secured files with others. Here is a tutorial on how to use Key Sharing.
- Choose the file you want to share.
- Add or select a contact.
- Click “OK” to give access to your file.
- Remember that you still have to send the actual file to the recipient!
You can store all your passwords and codes online in a secure manner using the
Password Management feature. See the video below for instructions on how to manage your passwords.
- Log in to get access to the password management.
- Browse through your existing passwords, or create a new one.
- Consider using the suggested password for optimal security.
If you have any burning issues or questions, check our frequently asked questions page.